Ramakrishna Mission Polytechnic College
Started in 1932 and as one of the top Polytechnic Colleges in the State, our Residential Polytechnic College offers 3 year Diploma courses for around 400 students.
Brief History of the Institution:
- In the early part of life of the Home, it was realized that students having only academic qualifications found it difficult to get a job soon after their completion of studies.
- In the year 1958 Govt. of India gave permission for starting additional diploma course in Mechanical Engineering.
- When this course (DME) was started in 1959 as per the advice of AICTE, LAE course was replaced by post diploma course of 18 months duration after DME.
- However the full time LAE course was totally stopped in 1962-63 as per the advice of AICTE. In 2005, as part of the centenary celebrations of the Home it was decided to introduce 2 more three year diploma courses, DAE (Diploma in Automobile Engineering) and DCE (Diploma in Computer Engineering) besides the then existing DME, with the permission of the Government and AICTE.
- The Government permitted DAE & DCE courses as unaided courses. The sanctioned strength for each course is 40.
- In addition, 10% more are allowed to be filled by lateral entry (2nd year) from applicants with + 2 qualification.
- Because of the starting of multiple diploma courses, what was called as ‘The Technical Institute’ has been renamed as ‘Ramakrishna Mission Polytechnic College’ in the year 2007.
- Every year 120 students in the First Year and 12 students in the Second Year (Lateral Entry) are admitted.
- While admitting students in the Polytechnic College, students from our Residential High School who successfully completed the SSLC examinations are given preference.
- Orphan / Destitute students are given preference.
Students Admitted for First Year and Lateral Entry during Academic Year 2021-2022
- Applications were received through Online Mode.
- I Year (First Year) DME - 40 , DAE - 40, DCE – 38; Total = 118
- II Year (Lateral Entry) DME - 5, DAE - 10, DCE - 9 Total = 24
Strength of the Polytechnic College 2021 - 2022 (March 2022)
Total Strength: 358
Extra Curricular Activities
The event was conducted from 01-01-2022 to 07-02-2022.
The participation certificate was issued to all the successful participants. All the participants were awarded trainer certificate after the successful completion of the three stages of presentation and evaluation by the CEO Director and Trainer Mr. C.Eashwer.
Date: 27-01-2022 & 28-01-2022 / Time: 9 am to 5 pm
Online Programme on Webinar on Adaptive Design for Learning (ADL) - Training to meet the trend:
Honoring Top ranking Students:
NSS Day was celebrated in our Polytechnic College on 24-09-2021 at 11.00 am at SDC Block Training Center. All the NSS Volunteers participated.
National Youth Day: In connection with National Youth Day and in Commemoration of 75th India’s Independence Day, various literary competitions for our Polytechnic college students were held by online mode.
2.Essay Writing in English: "Swami Vivekananda views about the need for mental integrity among the youth.
2.Oratory in Tamil: “கல்வி ஒன்றே அனைத்திற்கும் தீர்வு என்று சுவாமி விவேகானந்தர் கூறக் காரணம்”.
3.Recitation in English: Why Swami Vivekananda said that “India will flourish with wealth and Power".
Short Term Certification Course @ Skill Development Centre
Department of Computer Engineering
Visit by the Director, National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Chennai to our RKMSH on 21st Sep. 2021
AICTE - Extension of Approval - Reports
AICTE - Feedback Form for Students & Staff